Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last day at the Greenhouse. pt 2.


A view from the Greenhouse to wear the Nursery workers load some of these things.



















Checkin it out.

















Myself bringing out some of the larger tomato plants.



















This mom is so cute. I would always apologize when I startled her by the wheeler banging around on the rough cement. Amy has since taken pictures of her babies that are successfully living (this doesn't usually happen at the greenhouse). So far it's going pretty awesome.







































Jeff in the middle of loading and unloading things on the wheeler. As usual.



















Just a secret little passage way between the customer greenhouse and lockport. I like this passage way when it's raining, which it was this day. The rain just pours off the window panels and looks nice.



















Talkin'



















And Decidin'



















Wave Petunia table.



















I will honestly miss this hallway.



















This is Gracey, she likes drinking from the puddles instead of her water dish. She is the Greenhouse Cat. She likes when I say her name and pet her a tiny bit. She even lets me hold her without struggle. She has a really tiny head and a really flouffy body. You should see her from the top, that is where it is the most obvious.



















What a nice one.



















She knows this Greenhouse like nothin'



















I was trying to teach Brayden to frown but it didn't stick. He's awesome.



















This is Jeff with a Crow bar. In this situation, our Greenhouse staff might say, 'it's time to get crazy', after which a dance competition might commence.



















Alright, so no one really is able to frown at the Greenhouse.. not even me. This is Pam, she's really awesome to work with.



















Here's Amy. She doesn't always make this expression, but I like it. She can't be sad even if one side of her ribs hurt. 




















This is Amy thinking about.. something to do with the perennial section. I can't even guess.



















This is what happened when I called Amy's name and she looked over in mid yawn. There is no end to her formality when it comes to interacting with me.

























Finally, this is my boss Stew. One of the best bosses ever. He was promoted this year and did an awesome job. I really liked working for him cause he knew about the plants he was working with, did the hard work with us at times, made sure everything was running the way it was supposed to, and put up with a million people chasing him/looking for him at all times. ..and he knew his employees well on top of that. 
Respect worthy.

Some of the things I'll miss about the Greenhouse are.. 

-Listening to serious conversations about plants between grown men and women, if they work or not, which ones are nicer, and what they've used in their own yards.
-The faces. Honestly, the kind and hard working disposition of most of the employees at the Greenhouse made me feel so at ease and made me feel proud to be working with them. I really like my co-workers on a level of friendship, but also at the level of respect towards what they do there.
-The lunchroom. Almost everyone asks their lunch room company how their work is going that day or how they're feeling (temperature wise or otherwise).  It's such a chill environment for lunch, it's the first time I don't mind being in the lunchroom at one of my places of employment.
-I'm gonna miss all the plants, hauling plants, cleaning plants, organizing plants, making space for new plants. I loved it all. The only reason I would not totally love something is if I knew my shoulders would be killing me afterwards.
-I loved planting. The back greenhouses were so peaceful with the sound of the birds in the marsh, the weird baby animal findings, the strange conversation and the sweaty assembly line.
-At last, I'll probably miss how I didn't feel out of place, and how I came home everyday feeling good about myself after all the hard work.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment